I’ve never wanted an iMac… until now.
Going live soon to build a LEGO Space Shuttle. Come say hi! www.twitch.tv/jmjordan
It’s becoming a tradition to eat lunch here on my birthday. 📷 Fujifilm X-T3 • 23mm • f/8.0 • 1/500s • ISO 200 📍 Santa Teresa County Park • San Jose, California
92. Goodfellas (1990) directed by Martin Scorsese ★★★★½ — I’ll never watch Home Alone the same way again. Joe Pesci is absolutely terrifying. 🎥
93. The French Connection (1971) directed by William Friedkin ★★★★ — My favorite fact about it is that Popeyes Chicken is named after Gene Hackman’s character from the film. 🎥
On Friday I drove up to the Lick Observatory located on Mount Hamilton. Most of it was closed to the public so I’ll definitely be going back once things are opened up again.
94. Pulp Fiction (1994) directed by Quentin Tarantino ★★★★½ — Easily my favorite Tarantino. It also has one of my all-time favorites lines: “Aww man, I shot Marvin in the face.” 🎥
95. The Last Picture Show (1981) directed by Peter Bogdanovich ★★★★ — The performances made it worth it, especially by Leachman and Johnson. 🎥🍿
Saturday in the Park with Kyle. 📷
Are we still using Keybase now that it is owned by Zoom?
I can’t get over this photo from the Perseverance landing. They literally dropped a car onto a foreign planet using a rocket powered crane. 📷 by NASA
One my favorite spacecrafts is the Mars Pathfinder rover that landed on Mars in 1997. Today, I will be excitedly watching NASA and JPL attempt to land Perseverance onto our closest neighbor. I love space!
96. Do the Right Thing (1989) directed by Spike Lee It’s quite clear why this made the list. It’s just very sad that it is still as relevant in 2021 as it was in 1989. Fight the power. 🖤🎥🍿
The new jmjordan.com is live! There is still much more I want to do with it, but if I waited till it was perfect it would never get released. It’s built using Hugo and is hosted on Render.
From my hike today. 📷
97. Blade Runner (1982) directed by Ridley Scott It’s beautiful and I feel like I should love it, but it just doesn’t do much for me. 🎥🍿 #afi100
98. Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) directed by Michael Curtiz I was familiar with ‘Over There’ and ‘Yankee Doodle Boy’ but I never knew who wrote them. And while I’ve never been into “classic” films, I quite enjoyed this in the end. 🎥🍿 #AFI100
99. Toy Story (1995) directed by John Lasseter A true, modern classic if there ever was one. 🎥🍿 #afi100
I made it to the intermission of Ben-Hur last night. I was not expecting there to be one but I’m glad there was. 🎥 #afi100
Here we go! First up… 100. Ben-Hur (1959) directed by William Wyler 🎥🍿 #afi100years
Tomorrow I begin the year-long(ish) journey of watching every film on the American Film Institute’s 100 Years… 100 Movies list. Wish me luck! I plan to document the journey here. 🍿🎥
I think I’ve watched this about a dozen times since discovering it last week. youtu.be/tTViy5WK-EY
Poppy is really trying for the “Weirdest Artist of Our Time” award. 🎵
I’m finally getting around to redesigning my personal website using Hugo. Its a nice compromise between a full CMS and handwriting HTML. Check out the progress: beta.jmjordan.com.
I spent the last few months designing and building this 1200 watt-hour portable power station. It’s similar to the one I made last year but has twice as many batteries and a more powerful AC inverter (800 watts). It also features a 60W USB power deliver port.